Friday, April 07, 2006

Recommended site...


Link


I recently subscribed to receive "art quotes" :) from the website below. Three times a week they send me an inspirational quote, so I decided to share one I liked here. If you would like to subscribe, it is easy and simple. All you need to do is enter your e-mail address, and that's it! And you'll start receiving these wonderful quotes!

ArtQuotes.net Art Directory..
http://www.artquotes.net/directory/


It's very hard as an artist to admit you have a desire to be
famous. To be an artist is not about fame; it's about art,
which is this intangible thing that has got to have lots of integrity,
whereas being famous doesn't really take any integrity. But I
think you have to admit that you want to be famous, otherwise
you can't be an artist. Art and fame together are like a
desire to live forever.
::: Damien Hirst :::

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mona,

Hi.

Thank you for this interesting link!

The quote is beautiful... But, I have a question to ask you (as an artist):

What is the definition of "art"?

My question may appear very simple and easy to answer... but I think that in the todays world art doesn't have its real place and is not well defined.

Lots of people think that there is a trace of art in everything which "appeares" beautiful...

I would like to ask you about what you think about art and how do you define it. Why is it good for us? Which caracteristics should something have to be considered as an artistic one? What's the position of art regarding to the human life and what do we axpect from it?

I don't want to take you a lot of time... but as I see from your blog that you are someone who is interested in art, philosophy, social issues, etc., I would like to know how do you answer to these kind of questions (if you have time of course!).


Have a nice time!

Flower